- Apr. 08, 2014
- ILFC’S SUBSIDIARY AEROTURBINE LAUNCHES NEW BUSINESS LINE ADVISEAER - New Solution Offers Full Spectrum of Technical and Consulting Services
- ILFC's subsidiary AeroTurbine announced today that it has launched a new business line, AdviseAerTM, a unique blend of maintenance related products offering the company’s customers a full suite of services packaged as one complete solution.
- Apr. 07, 2014
- ILFC’S SUBSIDIARY AEROTURBINE EXPANDS ITS AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE FACILITY - New Space is Geared to Provide MRO Services for Narrowbody Aircraft
- ILFC's subsidiary AeroTurbine announced today that it has expanded its Aircraft Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) facility located in Goodyear, Arizona. The expansion added a second hangar with an additional 100,000+ square feet of space, in which the company will provide maintenance services for its growing business of providing narrowbody aircraft maintenance and 757 P2F conversions.
- Mar. 27, 2014
- ILFC LEASES TWO BOEING 737-800s TO DONGHAI AIRLINES - Aircraft Represent Airline’s First Passenger Aircraft in Service
- ILFC announced today that the company has entered into an agreement with Donghai Airlines Co., Ltd for the lease of two used Boeing 737-800 aircraft, which have already been delivered to the airline.
- Mar. 06, 2014
- ILFC CLOSES $1.5 BILLION SENIOR SECURED TERM LOAN - Largest Ever Deal For An Aircraft Lessor
- ILFC announced that it has closed a new senior secured term loan of $1.5 billion. The loan will bear interest at LIBOR plus 275 basis points with a 0.75% LIBOR floor, is priced at 99.5% of par value, and will mature in 2021. The collateral used to support the transaction has an initial weighted average age of 9.1 years. It will be secured primarily by a first priority-perfected lien on the equity of certain of ILFC’s subsidiaries, which directly or indirectly own a pool of aircraft and related leases.
- Feb. 27, 2014
- ILFC REACHES LEASING MILESTONE WITH BOEING 787 - Company Has Now Secured Leases For More Than 50 Dreamliners
- ILFC announced that the company has secured more than 50 lease transactions for the new Boeing 787. ILFC owns the largest order book for Boeing’s newest aircraft with a total of 74 Dreamliners on order, of which five aircraft have already been delivered. ILFC was the first leasing company to take delivery of the 787.
- Jan. 22, 2014
- ILFC CONCLUDES 281 LEASE TRANSACTIONS AND ORDERS 165 NEW AIRCRAFT IN 2013 - Company Sees Improving Demand and Growth in Global Aircraft Leasing
- ILFC announced today that the company completed a total of 281 lease transactions in 2013 including both extensions and new leases of aircraft from ILFC’s portfolio. Furthermore, during 2013, the company ordered 165 new aircraft, purchased 38 aircraft (including the aircraft delivered on sale-leaseback agreements), sold 40 aircraft, and committed 14 aircraft to part-out.
- Dec. 16, 2013
- AerCap to Acquire International Lease Finance Corporation from AIG
- AerCap Holdings N.V. ("AerCap") (NYSE: AER) today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with American International Group, Inc. ("AIG") (NYSE: AIG) under which AerCap will acquire 100% of the common stock of International Lease Finance Corporation ("ILFC"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of AIG. Under the terms of the agreement, AIG will receive $3.0 billion in cash and 97,560,976 AerCap shares.
- Dec. 16, 2013
- AIG Announces Agreement to Sell International Lease Finance Corporation to AerCap Holdings N.V. for Total Consideration of U.S. $5.4 Billion
- American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG) announced today that it has entered into an agreement under which AIG will sell its 100 percent interest in International Lease Finance Corporation (ILFC), a non-core asset, to AerCap Holdings N.V. (NYSE: AER).
- Dec. 15, 2013
- ILFC TO LEASE AIRBUS A320-200 AIRCRAFT TO AIRCALIN
- Nov. 06, 2013
- AEROTURBINE REACHES NEW MILESTONE WITH ITS 100TH C CHECK FOR FRONTIER AIRLINES - Company Continues to Deliver Industry Leading MRO Services with On-Time Performance, Operational Flexibility and Fixed Cost Solutions
- Nov. 01, 2013
- ILFC’S AEROTURBINE PROMOTES AL WOOD TO EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT & CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER POSITION - Recognized Industry Leader to Lead the Company’s Worldwide Sales, Product and Marketing Activities
|view press release archive||view media kit||download fact sheet|
Awards and recognitions
2013 Lessor of the Year
"ILFC has had a wonderful period under current management. The company has reorganized and deleted debt, increased its customer base, drastically improved its cost of financing and in the process has secured a strong future for the business. In 2012, ILFC got the company in shape to ensure a swift and highly advantageous sale, while it continued to improve services to its customers, specifically with the continued growth of the AeroTurbine unit. This year ILFC was ranked first in the Aviation 100 survey by its peers by a significant margin; it is a very well deserved win for the team."read more
2013 CFO of the Year - Elias Habayeb
“The Aviation 100 Chief Financial Officer of the Year, Elias Habayeb, and his team have succeeded in reducing ILFC’s debt considerably and have steered the company through a tremendously difficult economic period through to its successful sale to be closed shortly."read more
Treasury Team of the Year 2010
"Looking at the refinancing needs for International Lease Finance Corporation (ILFC) in late 2009 must have felt overwhelming for the company's treasury team. But, in the end, ILFC spent 2010 celebrating closing after closing - and it is one of the greatest aviation survival stories of 2010."read more
2010 Deal of the Year: Overall
"The deals that changed ILFC in 2010. International Lease Finance Corporation (ILFC) was looking at a mountain of maturities in 2010. Faced with the impossible, particularly with the capital markets closed in 2009, the company had already indirectly borrowed funds from the New York Federal Reserve through parent, American International Group (AIG), to pay back about $4 billion in loan maturities."read more
Aviation Lessor of the Year 2010
"10,000 industry professionals globally were asked by Aviation Economics to vote for the lessor they considered to be the best performing in 2010. In a closely fought contest, ILFC just pipped rival GECAS to the top spot."read more