Do you love to drink sweet corn wine? If yes, we have prepared this article to tell you all the ingredients you need to make it at your home. When preparing a recipe at home, the most common problem people face is finding the right ingredients. It becomes chaotic for them to add them in proper quantities. Due to these problems, they fail at preparing those recipes. The only solution to get rid of these problems is to research the ingredients first and then start the process.
You can find detailed recipes for making wine on many websites. One of the best websites is prepperswill.com. You can visit the site to get the best recipe for sweet corn wine. With the simple steps, you will prepare a perfect wine for yourself and your guests.
We will not only provide a detailed list of ingredients but also give some helpful information about them. Simultaneously, we will also tell you some health benefits of drinking it. So, without any further delay, let’s get into it.
What are the ingredients used in the recipe?
There are mainly six ingredients used in the preparation of sweet corn wine. These items are readily available in the market at affordable rates. Here, we have created a complete list of them.
List of ingredients
- Granulated sugar (2 pounds)
- Fresh corn cobs (14)
- Orange juice(½ cup)
- Teabag of black tea (1)
- Raisins (6-8)
- Sweet wine yeast (5 grams)
- Water (1 gallon)
- Granulated sugar– Granulated sugar is the most common item used in making different desserts, cakes, bars, cookies, and more. This sugar is present in the form of gran, which implies seed. You can feel the coarseness of this sugar by touching it. It is because the molasses are refined out of it. There are many ways in which you can use granulated sugar. You can sprinkle it on different foods, dissolve it in drinks, and add it into the batter of cakes or cookies. The food looks mouth-watering and delicious with it. In cooking sweet corn wine, you need two pounds of granulated sugar to add to it. It is used in the preparation because it is easily dissolved in the drink. So, you should always go for this type of sugar in the recipe.
- Sweet corn cobs- It is one of the essential items for the preparation of this wine. As you know, sweet corn is good for health; it helps make various recipes more delicious. Sweet corn is used in salads, pasta, pizzas, soups, and more. The taste of corn, when added to a particular food, helps create a fantastic flavor. People often prefer sweet corn for the procedure of making the wine. You need to have 14 cobs to begin the process. Always make sure to pick the fresh ones. Otherwise, you will not get a perfect taste. Then, you have to boil them first and cook them for fifteen minutes.
- Orange Juice- Orange juice is a great item to add a tangy flavor to various foods. The health benefits of drinking it are endless. When you use it in the final minutes of cooking, it enhances the overall taste of the food. It is used in many food recipes because of its unique flavor. You can add in noodles, salads, cakes, tortes, etc. For cooking homemade wine, you need to use ½ cup of orange juice. You can either purchase the readily available juice or oranges to get the juice out of them.
- Teabag- Teabags are utilized for various purposes apart from just making black tea. The natural and medicinal compounds in black tea are beneficial for improving your overall health. It is rich in antioxidants that enhance the immune system of the body. But if we talk about just tea bags, the purposes include reducing the acne, getting rid of sunburn and puffy eyes, producing a mouthwash, healing insect bites, and more. They are also used in homes for decreasing rodents and bugs. They work as nutrient-rich compost. You should have one teabag of black tea in the sweet corn wine. If you do not have these bags in your home, you can visit a store to get them.
- Raisins- Who doesn’t like the flavor of raisins? They are healthy, nutritious, and delicious. And the best part about them is that you can add them to different recipes to enhance the taste and increase the nutritional value. They contain vitamins like vitamin C, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, and folate. Minerals such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, and sodium are also present. You should have 6-8 raisins to prepare the sweet corn wine. You can purchase fresh raisins from anywhere.
- Sweet wine Yeast- Yeast is a valuable ingredient for fermentation while making sweet corn wine. Many companies provide different types of yeast to customers. You can choose the best one among them according to your requirements. Always remember to take aside only 500 grams of yeast for cooking it during the process.
So, these are some must-have ingredients for preparing a perfect homemade wine. You should note down the quantity of each item carefully to get the best results in the end.
What are the benefits of drinking wine?
If you are a wine lover, you might be curious to know the health benefits of drinking it. They are as follows-
- Daily consumption can increase your longevity– Yes, you heard it right. Regularly consuming it might help you live longer. Many studies have proved that people who have made it a patriot of their lives live longer than others. It has anti-aging properties.
- Improves the functioning of the brain, heart, and bones- The compounds present in wine help improve your overall health. It enhances the functionality of the heart and brain and keeps your bones strong.
- Reduces the risk of liver disease– If you do not want to damage your liver, drink it to keep your liver healthy.
In the end, we concluded that sweet corn wine could be easily prepared at home. However, you should have some knowledge about the items used for making it. We hope this article was informative and helped you get the information you were looking for.